The benefits of meditation
So what can meditation do for you? Is it worth trying?
At some point everyone has had experiences of feeling deeply calm, of feeling clear and focussed on a task or activity, or feeling fully open to what’s around you.
The key thing is that these experiences relate to our state of mind - this is something we can learn to adjust for ourselves. At Lifeflow we call this a balanced state, and we teach you the skills to bring yourself back into this kind of state regularly and easily.
Not only does it feel good, there are many other reasons that people engage in meditation:
- Relax quickly and effectively
- Improve concentration and clarity of mind
- Reduce anxiety
- Improve sleep
- Gain a general sense of well-being
- Help restore health
- Enhance your creativity
- Bring out the inherently happy and content person from within
Now Western science and research is increasingly discovering that regular practice of meditation can indeed offer a whole range of psychological and physical health benefits. Examples include:
- Reducing the adverse effects of stress on the body (Click to read article)
- Enhancing productive focus and handling of multiple tasks in high stress environments (Click to read article)
- Increasing immune resilience and reducing severity of illness (B Barrett Annals of Family Medicine, October 2012)
- Improving sleep quality (Click to read article)
What others have said about the benefits of meditation with Lifeflow
Calmer, easier to make meaningful decisions, ability to recognise anxiety and agitation and how to deal with it – thank you!
Student, Level 2 course
Helped with returning to sleep at 3am and relax
Chris, Learn to Meditate student
I have learnt there is another way to be. It opened doors to new places and reintroduced kindness into my life.
Martin, Learn to Meditate student
A simply wonderful experience like nothing I have encountered before. It is amazing what insight one can get from stillness and silence.
Jane, Tara Hills retreat
FREE Come & Try sessions
Come along and find out about meditation, how we teach it, and what the benefits are for you.Find out more
Learn to meditate
Learn simple, effective techniques for bringing calm and balance into your everyday life.Find out more
Throughout the year we offer a range of high quality weekend retreats at Tara Hills Retreat Centre, which is only 45 minutes drive from Adelaide.Find out more