Guided meditations are the easiest and quickest way to learn how to meditate. Using a series of simple verbal instructions, a qualified teacher guides you into a meditation, leads you through it and then brings you out at the end.
You can safely and easily experience deep states which calm your mind and relax your body, and afterwards check your experiences with the teacher.
All our meditation classes and retreats feature guided meditations. They are integral to our interactive, student focused classes – allowing you to benefit from the depth of knowledge of all of our teachers.
Experience a guided meditation now with our Learn How to Meditate classes.
How does a guided meditation work?
In general, a guided meditation can range from a few minutes up 25 minutes duration. All of them follow the same basic outline:
- Some gentle physical loosening to help relax any muscle tension
- Resting into a comfortable position either lying down or seated
- The teacher will then use simple verbal instructions to guide you into the meditation. Over the years we have built up a repertoire of approaches that allow anyone and everyone to easily settle into deep states.
- The teacher will continue to guide everyone through the meditation helping them to become fully present with their body, thoughts and surroundings. This brings a strong sense of relaxation and calmness and gives your busy mind the rest that it needs.
- We’re careful to make sure that everyone has properly come out of the meditation – you won’t be left stranded!
How you benefit from a guided meditation
There are three main benefits with guided meditations:
- Experience deep states of meditation easily and safely. The overall benefits of meditation itself, whether from a guided meditation of self-led meditation, range from reduced stress, sleeping better, less mental chatter and many more.
- Optimal meditation learning experience: any skill is most effectively learnt through imitation – e.g. this is how we learn a sport. The same is true with meditation – the teacher is actually in the meditation as they are guiding you. Your body and mind will respond to this, providing you with an optimal learning experience.
- You can check your experiences with a teacher – i.e. someone who has been through a vast range of meditations themselves and can confidently and skilfully answer your questions and provide sound guidance.
Where can I experience a guided meditation?
We recommend everyone begins with our Learn How to Meditate classes which is predominantly taught through guided meditations.
Alternatively, you may like to get away and fully immerse yourself on one of our Meditation Retreats.
We also use guided meditations throughout our Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4 courses.