Learn to Meditate course
Learn how to meditate with simple and effective meditation techniques that you can use to:
- calm your mind
- relax your body
- cultivate well-being
Meditation for modern life
Anyone and everyone can learn how to meditate in this course.
Combining the knowledge of mindfulness and neuroscience with Lifeflow's 30 years of meditation teaching. This course will suit beginners and anyone who wishes to further their meditation training.
Summer School sold out.
Term 1 bookings now open.
Term 1 courses:
Mon or Tues evenings or Wed mornings from week beginning
Mon 11 February
Once a week for six weeks
Simple & practical meditation and mindfulness
In this practical foundation meditation course you will learn effective and easy to use techniques for bringing calm and balance into your everyday activities. Once you learn the skill of how to meditate, you’ll be able to let go of busy mental chatter, deal better with worry and anxiety, sleep better and generally enjoy life more.
A range of meditation and mindfulness techniques are taught so that you find the approaches which work best for you.
Each lesson includes a short discussion explaining an aspect of meditation or mindfulness, gentle loosening and stretching exercises, expert guidance through the meditations and many opportunities to ask questions.
All courses include Lifeflow’s detailed meditation text, Life in Balance (value $25).
What you will learn on the course
- What meditation is and how it works.
- How you can use meditation and mindfulness techniques to restore a sense of calm and clarity; to let go of a busy mind.
- A range of very quick (20 second) mindfulness meditations, which you can use anywhere to help restore calm in the heat of the moment, to ‘come back to your senses’ and let go of worries.
- Longer meditations using the breath, visualisation, movement and sound – enabling you to experience deeper states of calm and clarity.
- How you can apply mindfulness skilfully in difficult situations and emotions – using the Three C Technique™.
- Meditations that can help with sleeping issues.
- How to use meditation to cultivate acceptance, joy and contentment in your life.
This beginners how to meditate course builds on what you learn from week to week in a relaxed, informal environment. There are usually about 10–15 students in each class.
Classes are offered in 3 different formats, so you can choose an option that fits with your schedule.
- 6 week course
Six classes, once per week, each of 1½ hours' duration.
- Weekend Sunday course
Two classes over two consecutive Sunday mornings, each class 3½ hours' duration. Morning tea is included. Currently running in April and November.
- Summer School course
Six classes, twice per week (Mon and Tues pm), each class 1½ hours' duration. Runs yearly in early January.
$195 inc GST
Concession: $170 inc GST
Course fee includes:
- Lifeflow’s detailed meditation text - Life in Balance (valued at $25)
- Weekly emails with a summary of the theory for that class, plus links to online meditations so you can practise the meditations at home, or anywhere.
- All sessions led by highly qualified teachers, all with at least 15 years of meditation training with Lifeflow.
Upcoming How to Meditate Courses
- Frewville – Lifeflow Studio, 8/259 Glen Osmond Rd
The concession rate is available for people who currently hold one of the following:
- Full time student card
- Health Care card
- Pensioner Concession card
If you introduce a new friend to one of our Learn to Meditate courses (i.e. someone who hasn't previously done the Learn to Meditate course), then both of you receive a 10% discount. To be eligible for this discount the two of you must book and pay at the same time. Not valid with other discounts.
Are you a full-time tertiary student, Health Care Card recipient or have a Pensioner Concession Card? Love meditation, or want to try it, but a bit strapped for cash? Find out more ...
Claiming CPD points
Because so many psychologists were attending our courses we were asked to seek endorsement with the Australian Psychological Society. The APS replied, 'APS Members can accrue CPD points by participating in CPD activities they determine to be relevant to their individual professional skills, learning plans and goals. These do not need to be endorsed by the APS'. Applicable to Lifeflow courses and retreats.
Cancellations and refunds
It is your responsibility to attend the classes as scheduled. If you cancel your booking five clear working days before the course starts, we will give you a full refund less a $25 admin fee. We cannot provide a refund after this time unless the course is cancelled, in which case a full refund will be given.