Teacher Training Level 2
This course builds on Mindfulness Meditation – Teacher Training Level 1 by providing the deeper levels of knowledge and broader range of techniques needed as your experience of teaching meditation grows.
Completion of this course forms a core element in qualifying for Provisional Membership of Meditation Australia.
The quality of this course was exceptional. Each of the topics were important components of building a strong foundation in teaching/guiding meditations.
– Amanda Goodfellow, Business Development & Marketing manager, Grant Thornton
This training has been designed to extend the skills, knowledge and repertoire of people who have had experience in teaching and guiding meditation. This will help to improve your confidence and abilities in guiding meditation and mindfulness sessions.
Main outcomes include:
- An in depth exploration of the use of meditation and mindfulness as therapeutic tools.
- Better understanding of the use of suggestion within a meditation script, so you can build your own meditations or adapt from others.
- Greater knowledge around self care – essential for avoiding burn out.
Completion of this course forms a core element in qualifying for Provisional Membership of Meditation Australia. See below for further information.
This course builds on the Mindfulness Meditation – Level 1 course, and aims to further develop your skills by exploring in detail several areas of fundamental knowledge, including:
- the differences between meditation and mindfulness, particularly within the areas of therapy, personal growth and developing wisdom, with an emphasis on applying these practices skilfully as therapeutic tools;
- the relationship between meditation and mindfulness;
- the use of suggestion when guiding meditation, how it works, and the different kinds of suggestion – all essential aspects of learning how to build your own style of guiding meditation;
- how to lead skilfully a range of people in different situations and adapt your presentation of meditation and mindfulness accordingly;
- understanding possible contraindications and ways of guarding against them to ensure your clients enjoy their meditation practice;
- the role of embodying your own practice in your life and work.
The course will also reinforce the importance of self-care, an essential element in successfully teaching meditation to others, and further develop the knowledge and skills to enhance this. We will introduce you to new meditation exercises, providing a chance to refresh your teaching and guiding skills, and also provide an opportunity for you to share your experiences in a supportive, open and understanding environment.
A complete training manual and set of prompt cards for new meditation exercises will be provided at the beginning of the course.
Completion of Mindfulness Meditation – Teacher Training Level 1 is a prerequisite to enrol in this course. It is also anticipated you will have experience in teaching and guiding meditation and mindfulness exercises.
To get the full benefit of this training program we recommend you have attended or are currently attending our Level 2 Meditation course and have your own regular practice in meditation.
Course structure, assessment and certification
Beginning with a revision of core material from Mindfulness Meditation – Level 1, this course further develops key areas meditation teachers will find essential in expanding their skills and knowledge base. Fundamental to this is an understanding of how meditation and mindfulness can be applied within different contexts.
Introduction to course
The differing contexts in which meditation can be applied
A detailed examination of mindfulness
The use and pitfalls of suggestion in guiding meditation – what to be aware of
Introducing new meditation exercises
What has worked, what hasn’t in guiding meditations
Contra-indications – how to protect your clients
Further developing the importance of self care and group care
During week one training you will be given the text of a poorly-worded meditation. Drawing on your learning you will be required to submit a re-worded meditation text demonstrating understanding of appropriate suggestions used in guiding meditation.
To complete this assessment project we ask that you also submit an audio recording of you delivering your re-worded meditation. (This can be easily achieved with a smart phone and instructions on how to do this will form part of the course material.) We ask that the meditation is no longer than 10 minutes from start to finish.
Final submission for this assessment will be 10 working days from completion of the course. We will provide written feedback within 21 working days of receiving your project.
Once you have fulfilled the requirements of the course you will be awarded a Mindfulness Meditation – Teacher Training Level 2.
Qualifying for Provisional Membership of Meditation Australia
To complete all of the requirements, you will need to:
- Within 30 days from the final day of the course, submit a 1000-word essay in the area of “History / alternative types of meditation” and achieve satisfactory assessment your essay.
- Complete all three of the Level 2 modules as a student
Once all of the above have been satisfactorily completed, we will issue a certificate which will allow you to become a Provisional Member of Meditation Australia.
Key information - 2021 intake
Dates & times:
Friday 29 October
Friday 5 November
9am – 4pm each day
12 contact hours
Early Bird discount: enrol by Thursday 23 September and pay only $580.50
Lifeflow members save 10% off the full price, not subject to Early Bird time limits.
Morning tea and a light lunch is included each day.
Monday 18 October 2021
How to pay
Select the Teacher Training Level 2 course when using the online booking system.
Call us on (08) 8379 9001 with your credit card details.
You can enrol during office hours with cash or credit card. Mon–Thurs between 9:30 am–4:30 pm.
Places are limited so please enrol and make your payment early to avoid disappointment.
Bookings, cancellations and refunds policy – Mindfulness Meditation training courses
- Bookings close 14 days prior to the course starting – book soon to secure your place.
- A $50 administration fee applies to all refunds given for any reason. Please direct cancellations and requests for refunds in writing to email@example.com
- No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 7 days prior to the course starting unless we are able to fill the vacancy created by the cancellation, in which event the $50 administration fee will apply.
- Lifeflow Meditation Centre reserves the right to cancel a course that does not have sufficient numbers, or in the event of unforeseen circumstances. An alternative course or full refund will be offered.
Great course, great instructors. I both learnt a lot and enjoyed the course thoroughly.
– Dr Susan Hazel, University of Adelaide