Living a life with purpose
– navigating from our values
A reflective approach for knowing what is important to us and gives our lives meaning, and how this shapes our path
In this fast-paced world we are constantly making decisions; some with awareness, others through habit. It is these decisions that shape our lives. We inherit a blueprint for life from our parents/primary caregivers and then adjust as we experience the world and the inherent responsibilities that come with adulthood.
Underlying all these decisions are our values – what is most important to us as we navigate through life; what qualities do we hold or want to hold dear to our hearts? Sometimes we experience conflicting values which can be confusing, but uncovering these can lead us to a more skillful approach.
This retreat will explore the importance of recognising our values as a fundamental rudder for travelling through life and being able to make even difficult decisions. We will discover what our personal values are at this time – some may be a revelation! The summer retreat is a wonderful opportunity for reflection as this year comes to a close and we welcome in a new year.
Thoroughly enjoyed Ann’s insights and meditations. She has a warm, caring and inclusive approach. Ann also has such a gentle and soothing voice to lead meditations.
When and where
9:30 am Thursday 28 December – 3:30 pm Saturday 30 December
Lifeflow Studio – 8/259 Glen Osmond Rd
In-person bookings close at 9 am Thursday 21 December.
Livestream bookings close at midday on Wednesday 27 December.
What you can expect from this retreat:
- A chance to rest and reset – letting go of the busyness of the year
- Nourishing guided meditations and gentle yoga sessions
- An opportunity to reflect on your values to help shape how you navigate the new year. This may include aspects of life that are challenging for you and keep you from feeling your best or enjoying life fully.
- Guidance from an experienced meditation teacher on getting in touch with what is most important to you personally at this time
- Interesting discussion in a supportive group environment with like-minded people
- Practical tools and techniques from the meditation tradition to help bring good feelings and open your mind to a positive outlook
- Delicious and nourishing vegetarian morning tea and lunch each day.
Anyone attending via Livestream will still be able to participate fully – we’ll adapt exercises so they can be done in your own locale.
The retreat day will begin at 9:30 am, so you can still enjoy a holiday sleep-in if you need this. We will finish the retreat day at 3:30 pm giving you plenty of time to enjoy the late summer afternoon, continuing with informal retreat practices if your life allows this.
Limited half fee scholarships are available!
As part of our mission to promote the skills of meditation, Lifeflow will be offering limited half fee scholarships for this retreat. Successful applicants will pay only 50% of the full price ($340 in person / $295 livestream).
To apply for a scholarship:
Retreat prices - 3-day studio retreat
early bird price
3-day retreat – standard rate IN-PERSON
3-day retreat – concession IN-PERSON
Members discounted rate IN-PERSON
In Person bookings close 9 am Thursday 21 December
(for catering purposes)
early bird price
3-day retreat – standard rate LIVESTREAM ONLY
3-day retreat – concession LIVESTREAM ONLY
Members discounted rate LIVESTREAM ONLY
Early bird special
Book and pay in full by Sunday, December 3 and receive a 10% discount off the Standard and Concession rates. Not valid with other discounts.
Early bird discount will be applied after you select the full price option in your cart.
Members discounted rate applies at all times.
In person bookings
Call us on 08 8379 9001 or visit in person at our studio with your Visa or Mastercard.
Retreat fee includes
- Guidance throughout the day in retreat. Sessions on the day include guided meditation, theory focused on the retreat topic, deep relaxation and gentle yoga.
- Retreat handout with a summary of the theory being presented.
- In-person option includes a delicious vegetarian morning tea and lunch. (If you have any special food requirements, eg gluten-free, lactose intolerance etc, please bring any additional items you may need; soy milk is provided.)
- Highly qualified teachers on this retreat – you can check your meditation and yoga experiences and get some guidance during the retreat.
- Find out what to expect on a Lifeflow Studio Retreat and answers to frequently asked questions on our Lifeflow Studio Retreats FAQ page.
In-person option includes a delicious vegetarian morning tea and lunch. (If you have any special food requirements, eg gluten-free, lactose intolerance etc, please bring any additional items you may need; soy milk is provided.)
Sample schedule of a day on a studio retreat. Times may change slightly for different retreat themes.
9:15 am – Registration
9:30–10:45 am – Theory class on retreat topic and guided meditation exercises
10:45 am – Morning tea
11:15–12:00 pm – Guided meditation exercises
12:00–1:00 pm – Gentle yoga
1:00–2:00 pm – Lunch
2:15 – 2:45pm – Deep relaxation
3:00 – 3:30 – Closing class for the day
Lifeflow retreat practice gives you time to rest, to restore your energies and the opportunity to let go of deadlines and busyness. You can learn to nurture yourself, restore a sense of balance and well-being. See our Lifeflow Studio Retreats FAQ page for more.
No prior meditation, yoga or retreat experience is required to attend this retreat. You will be guided by experienced teachers who can help answer any questions that may arise during the retreat. All meditation sessions are guided and there are theory classes each day to support the understanding of the practical sessions.
We suggest that you wear comfortable clothing – for the meditations you can be sitting on a chair, using a stool, or even lying down on a mat.
Our studio is air-conditioned, so you may like to bring an additional layer to put on if the air temperature is too cool for you.
There will be a gentle Yoga session, so please wear clothing that will be comfortable for exercising. There is space for getting changed if you would like to bring a change of clothes for the yoga session. You are welcome to bring your own yoga mat and bolster if you have them.
Optional: if you like to take notes then bring a pen and notepad. And you are welcome to bring your own water bottle.
Step 3 - make your booking...
Early Bird discounts will be applied after you select the pricing option in your cart.
Protecting your privacy and personal information is important to Lifeflow Meditation. We will only collect information from you with your knowledge and consent; only use personal information provided by you for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, not disclose your personal information to a third party without your prior consent except if required by law and remove your personal information from our system when it is no longer required.